Gaydar is the world’s first gay social network and we need an editor to help us once again change the way that LGBT people communicate with one another.
Following the successful soft-launch of our content platform we’re looking to expand our online presence. We are recruiting a Founding Editor to lead the launch of our new content platform and to bring happiness to the LGBT community today!
To be successful you’ll need to have the wit, instincts and experience to create great stories and compelling content that makes people feel great and want to engage.
Working at Gaydar
Right now, things are exciting at Gaydar – we have a new leadership team, an exciting new strategy and a fun and cheeky culture. We are also changing the way we communicate with our customers and with the wider community – and you could be our voice to the outside world!
We want working at Gaydar to feel like we’re getting ready for the beach – we’re all busy but we’re all excited to spend some time basking in the sunlight. We are friends and we aren’t shy about celebrating each other and our successes.
Gaydar HQ is based in Central London and will pay salary in line with your experience. We offer pension, private healthcare, 22 days of holidays and the flexibility you’ll need to do well in the role.
The things you’ll be responsible for
– Develop Gaydar’s content strategy to support our overall brand strategy and objectives
– Write and promote original content relevant to Gaydar’s current and future customers
– Build and manage our network of contributors (writers and photographers) to deliver world class content that is updated throughout the day, every day of the year
– Plan and lead the launch of our new content platform
– Identify and work with the Managing Director to identify launch sponsors, paid partnerships and advertisers
– Sub-edit all content on the site to meet editorial standards and maximise SEO
– Maximise social reach and engagement across our social media platform
– Achieve daily targets for site traffic and conversion rates for our core suite of products
The knowledge and experience you have
– Three to five years experience in an editorial or content role, ideally in a news or LGBT site
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Excellent understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and social media management
– Previous experience managing budgets and revenue targets in a media environment
– Hands-on experience using WordPress or equivalent CMS
– Experience researching and creating video, audio and written gay / LGBT+ content with sensitivity (or can demonstrate an ability to do so)
– You would have a big advantage if you have photography experience and/or basic video editing skills
We want recruitment at Gaydar to be a fun exchange of ideas. Start this by sending across a CV and cover letter along with your portfolio of previous work.
You can reach us at email@example.com
Not you? You could do a good deed and help someone find the role of their lifetime by sharing this on your socials using the button below.